Thursday, August 11, 2011

"Another has fallen to my spear!"

Day: 375

Photo taken on Thursday, August 11, 2011 on Asuma while playing Dynasty Warriors 6 at 1132pm.

"Another has fallen to my spear!"

This is all I am hearing from the other room one evening when I'm trying to concentrate on my fanfiction writing in our small one bedroom abode in Farmingdale. Exasperated, I finally get up and beg Steve to choose another character from his Dynasty Warriors 5 video game but his heart is set on being Zhao Yun so I must endure. After ten more battle cries of this phrase within a two second span, I reach for the remote and find a compromise: the mute button.

Steve somehow convinces me to join him in the battle today but this time in Dynasty Warriors 6 and without anyone falling to a spear. In this version, I can make my own warrior so I quickly set to work, giving her the hair color and mask of Kakashi and a female version of Keanu Reeves as a voice. She is a force to be reckoned with, I can tell you that much. I am the queen of button mashing (insert female masturbation joke here) so this game is right up my alley and besides, any game that makes killing as much fun as GTA 4 is A-OK by me!

This is only one of many victories Steve's character, Qoy? (I think this is some private joke between him and Paul as to why this is an acceptable character name) and Katie Jaye have forged together. We are slowly making our way across ancient China and really, no army stands a chance against us!

No comments: