Monday, August 29, 2011

Seeker

Day: 393

Photo taken on Monday, August 29, 2011 sitting in the Commander's Chair at 131pm.

The aftermath of Irene has kept me home from the Surge today and with no cable or internet, it's been pretty boring. There is only so many SPARCS I can do before tearing my hair out sounds like a better time. I've already cleaned my desk--twice--and luckily I find this little fella hiding behind my printer.

This particular Golden Snitch is a 20 Questions model and so far I have only beaten it once with the Confundus Charm in 2008. Today I have given it another go and so far it has gotten me three times. I have no idea how it figures out the portrait of Mrs. Black. Siriously?! That's really specific. I even use the Half-Blood Prince's potions textbook and when it starts asking me asinine questions around the 16th mark I think I have it beat...until it guesses the answer after asking, "is it an animal?" after I had already established the object I am thinking of is a BOOK. But alas, I figure out a way to beat it. If a spell worked like a charm last time (I couldn't help myself there), then surely it will work this time. I choose Sectumsempra and it cockily guesses, "you're the Killing Curse." Ha! No! Then it goes for the other obvious answer, "you're an Unforgivable Curse." Gotcha again!

It finally concedes to defeat.

IN YOUR FACE 20 QUESTIONS SNITCH!

No comments: