Monday, August 1, 2011

A Good Year

Day: Three Hundred and Sixty Five

Photo taken on Monday, August 1, 2011 in the Manga Dining Room at 1143pm.

One year.

We made it.

And I couldn't have done this project without you.

A big thank you to everyone who supported this crazy idea of taking a daily selfer for one whole year. I am very appreciative for the people who took the time to comment whether it was on this site or on Facebook or through a text/phone call or when we actually met face to face, your compliments and criticism helped my creativity flourish during this task. There were some days when I was close to throwing in the towel but you all lifted my spirits and I continued on. There were times when inspiration came easily and times when I hit the proverbial wall. Regardless, it was a great experience that I'll never forget.

As I constructed the video montage of the past year, I was astounded by how many adventures my family and friends took with me. I remembered the patience everyone had in the beginning when it took me a few tries to set up the right shot and chuckled at how I never really got it down throughout the year anyway. It's amazing how many things I accomplished in 365 days: a half marathon then a full, 11 out-of-state trips, successfully broke one camera, and lived in two different places with a whole lot of fun mixed in there as well. There were some sad moments and rough days too but we managed to get through them and hopefully these trials will make us stronger.

The reason for me starting this project has been achieved: I learned to like myself a little bit more. I learned that no matter what, there will be days when I look atrocious in a picture but now I can smile at it and laugh about what else was going on when I snapped it. I learned that keeping this daily BLOG is an easy way to remember what you did every day. I always knew that it was the little things that counted in life and I hope that you took that away with you as well.

I live by very simple words and concepts:
  1. Life is too damn short to be angry.
  2. You only get to live once so live it to the fullest and eat dessert every chance you get.
I sincerely thank each and every one of you for sticking by me this past year. Love you all!

Enjoy the montage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

time for the anime blog