Friday, August 12, 2011

Celebrate good times, COME ON!

Day: 376

Photo taken on Friday, August 12, 2011 having homemade cake in the TDM kitchen at 925pm. (Pictured from left: Me, Kimberly, Steve, cake, Preston moving, Moma, and Daddio)

Moma has a philosophy about birthdays. She believes everyone should get one day a year to do whatever they want with whomever they want. The day should be special and all about the birthday boy or girl. I fully endorse this idea and have taken her advice through the years. It starts on one particular birthday as I am sitting in the medical records room in a dour mood when suddenly Moma calls. "Why are you working on your birthday?" I sit there in silence for a moment and ponder this. Yeah...why am I sitting here on my birthday? I promptly grab my things and leave so Moma can take me to lunch and then veg out on the couch to watch a cheesy romantic comedy together. Ahhhh, Birthday Bliss.

So even though Steve's birthday is a few weeks off, Moma decides to give him an early celebration since she won't be in NY until September. I think this is very nice of my parents, to give Hubs special attention when we come down tonight. Everyone needs something like this every now and then, cheers you up to feel loved. Plus little shindigs like these rile up Preston and he gets silly. I love silly Preston:

2 comments:

Moma said...

It was my pleasure to give Steve a birthday celebration--Yes I am an advocate of having a totally "ME" day at least once a year. I always am so happy when ypu visit the TDM

Maeve said...

How cute is Preston??? Happy Birthday Steve (from the summer lol)