Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cake Bitch

Day: One Hundred

Photo taken on Tuesday, November 9, 2010 on 86th Street in between 3rd and Lexington Avenues at 1056am.

I hold in my hand two cakes from the Two Little Red Hens bakery. Today we at the Surge are celebrating six October birthdays with a Brooklyn Blackout and a Red Velvet. One day I volunteered to pick up the dessert for my coworkers and have done so ever since. They all swear I pick out the best cakes for the occasion but I suspect the real reason I go is because no one wants to walk the six blocks to go pick it up. I don't mind really, gets me out of the building for a bit and I get to look at beautifully decorated cakes. We used to buy from Hot & Crusty for all our birthday cake needs but one time we received a cake from them that was not hot but definitely crusty so we (happily) made the switch to the Hens.

3 comments:

Kim said...

basically you're Surge Dessert Bitch.

Kim said...

Except when dad gets his teeth done in Jersey-then he's dessert (pie) bitch.

Maeve said...

I will forever love red hens... yummmmmm