Monday, November 22, 2010

The base keep runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin'.

Day: One Hundred and Thirteen

Photo taken on Monday, November 22, 2010 in the Time Out Room holding my fifth running award of my career at 940pm.

Not only do I beat my 10k time by four minutes I actually place in my age category for once in the Yes Your Energy Shines 10k race on November 7 in Center Moriches. I have no idea I place since they have listed me as 31 years old so when I check my official time days later, I email them the unfortunate mistake. The race directors are very nice and helpful and even send me my award right away!

The last time I have a race this good I am disappointed I do not place, coming in 4th, and Kim tells me I PRed so that should be enough but I can't help feeling like I failed myself. She says I can't always have both and teasingly tells me to stop being selfish and take just the PR. But I guess for this race I'm greedy and you know what? It feels damn good to do both!

3 comments:

Maeve said...

I think you're a running superstar

Kim said...

I think it's "bass" not "base" as in bass for music. but whatev. And really you beat your PR. Katie....don't be an a-hole ;-)

Katie Jaye said...

I didn't even realize I wrote base instead of bass but now that you called me out on it I can't change it or else you'll look like the a-hole.