Sunday, November 27, 2011

Mama Mia!

Day: 483

Photo taken on Sunday, November 27, 2011 at Mama's in Copiague, NY at 848pm. (Pictured from my scary head: Steve, Charlie, Moma, and Daddio)

Italians have an interesting take on portion control...there is none. And that's why whenever I go to Mama's I leave there with dinner for the next day and the following day after that. This is the first time Charlie, Moma, and Dad have come here to dine and we neglect to tell them about the amount of food they are going to get come eating time. Their eyes turn to saucers when our waiter sets down Moma's entree, Chicken Cristoforo. It's a monster! And then Dad feasts his eyes on his jumbo shrimp and wonders how much more room his stomach can make for it (not much). Even Steve taps out after one piece of chicken leaving behind three more pieces for tomorrow. Charlie barely makes a dent in his seafood lasagna and me? I make it through one out of four chicken cordon blues before I push my plate away.

But then I order dessert.

And my dessert can feed an army...and then some.

2 comments:

Moma said...

The food was delicious but the company was better! Good choice of restaurant but i would have preferred Katie Daly's with tables set up in the bar and that appetizing aroma wafting from the kitchen!

Maeve said...

Wow- I want to go!!!!!